Opening Up God’s House: Gypsy, Roma, Traveller Communities and the Church – Friday 16th June 9:30-2:30, Cuthbert House, Stonebridge Lane, Durham, DH1 3RY
The North East Religious Learning Resources Centre is proud to be hosting an in-person event led by Dr Steven Horne, author of Gypsies and Jesus: A Traveller Theology, and the Durham Diocesan Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Chaplain, Rev’d Nicky Chater.
‘Inclusive church’ and ‘celebrating diversity’ can mean many things to many people. What might it mean for those in Christian contexts who wish to support, welcome and minister with people from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities?
Welcoming and safe workshops will explore:
- The specific needs of participants in relation to their questions and queries about the historical, theological and ecclesial background to Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities.
- The theology of Gypsy Roma and Traveller communities and church engagement.
- Traveller Friendly Churches.
- Sanctuary Stopping Places.
- What might the practical outcomes and actions be in the NE churches if they really do open up God’s House?
A simple soup and bread lunch will be provided.
To book, fill out this form: 16th June Opening God’s House (office.com)